Saturday 9 April 2016

Rest

'I make no secret of the fact that I would rather lie on a sofa than sweep beneath it.' Shirley Conran

Feeling uninspired by the prompt, I Googled 'quotes about rest', and up popped this one. OK, it isn't directly about rest, but it expresses my attitude to housework completely. Feet up on the sofa, knitting/embroidery/good book in hand, soothing music in the background, and a glass of something cold and white close by. Perfection. And I can't see under the sofa when I'm sitting on it, and out of sight is out of mind.

Of course I can't stay here all day, (although knitting for my Degree Show provides a very good excuse) but after a long day avoiding housework by playing working in my studio, the sofa is the best place to rest and recuperate.

We have two similar sofas, so this is not the one I am sitting on, I would have had to move to photograph that. This is the one for guests, so it is smarter: you can see my C&G cushions and the blue throw I was too lazy to photograph when I wrote about them.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment